REDUS project kick-off meeting 20-22 June
The REDUS project will host its kick-off meeting with 40 participants from Scotland, Spain, USA, Russia, and a range of Norwegian institutions from Monday 20th - Wednesday 22nd June. The meeting will take place at Scandic Bergen City in Haakonsgaten.
AGENDA (updated June 17)
08:30 Registration & coffee
09:00 Welcome & introduction to REDUS
10:00 Introductory lecture ("Uncertainty and inputs to stock assessment". Mary Christman, Uni. Florida)
11:00 WP 2 “Fishery-independent (scientific) surveys”. Introductions by:
- Russel Brown, NOAA NEFSC "Monitoring and Assessment in the US NE area"
- Bjarte Bogstad, IMR "Use of data from new technology in assessment – the missing link?"
14:00 WP 4 “Communication of uncertainty, dissemination of project results and capacity building”
16:00 Developments of manuscript: "Uncertainty in stock assessment, current state and future developments". Position paper for ICES JMS
17:00 Wrap up for the day
18:00 Icebreaker at the Institute of Marine Research, Nordnesgaten 50.
09:00 Introductory lecture ("Testing and evaluating management strategies", Isaac Kaplan NOAA)
10:00 WP 1 “Fisheries-dependent (catch) surveys and assessment modeling” Introductions by:
- Patrick Lynch, NOAA Stock Assessment Program "US Stock Assessment Processes"
- Sondre Aanes, Norwegian Computing Center "XSAM - a stock assessment model that quantifies uncertainty"
13:00 WP 3 “Evaluating and testing of long-term management strategies”
- Sarah Gaichas, NOAA NEFSC "Management Strategy Evaluation in the US"
- Dorothy Dankel, UiB "Communicating tradeoffs and risks caused by varying levels of uncertainty in stock assessment and advice"
16:00 Wrap up for the day
22:30 Return boat leaves Cornelius, arrives 23:00 in Bergen habour (vis a vis Radisson Blu Hotel on Bryggen)
09:00 Introductory lecture ("Temporal changes in population parameters". Erik Blystad Solbu, NTNU)
10:00 Cooperation with other projects at IMR, nationally and internationally
13:00 Funding opportunities & developing ideas for project applications
14:30 Yury Kovalev, PINRO "Perspectives on uncertainties in stock assessments and how to deal with them"
15:00 Final discussion
16:00 Meeting end